In order to implement the values of the Mission Statement, the following direction is provided…
Inspire students to learn, excite administrators, teachers and staff through the encouragement of new and innovative approaches to learning with a plan for implementation of the innovation.
· Career planning and college preparedness
- We have a responsibility to our students to learn not only the jobs of today but what may be coming in the future.
- JSHS staff must meet with business leaders and planners to understand their needs both today and tomorrow in order to design appropriate coursework and provide appropriate direction for our students.
- ES staff will develop career awareness within their current instructional programs.
- We will work more closely with BOCES career programs to better guide our students into opportunities that exist in that learning environment including programming at both campuses of BOCES.
· Differentiated instruction for students at ALL levels of learning.
- We must focus on learning opportunities that inspire our students.
- We will focus our energies toward learning opportunities that engage students through investigation and discovery.
- We will continue to investigate and develop a peer coaching model for staff.
· Graduation rates of 90% or greater within two years
- We will continue to foster an environment of engaged and inspired learning to increase the interest level in the provided coursework.
- Increase sharing opportunities with BOCES and neighboring schools to provide programs sought by students.
· Community service programs to create a larger sense of community among our students
- We will develop a data collection system to monitor community service that is currently being performed by our students over two years. That data will be reviewed and analyzed to provide a baseline for a recommendation on the need for a community service requirement for graduation.
· Data review and analysis to improve student learning and enhance curriculum design
· The District Data Team will provide resources (data and tools to understand the data), discussions and support to teachers to assist them in modifying instruction to create a positive impact on learning.
- The administration is directed to design a professional development program focused on data access, understanding and implementation of data to modify instruction. The program will provide structured opportunities to enable staff to access, analyze, interpret and implement data in their instructional design decisions.
- K-12 Curriculum work will continue in the area of mathematics. Additionally the administration will develop a plan for curriculum focus in the ELA area beginning no later than the 2012-2013 academic year.