Board of Education - Goals
2021-2022 District Goals
- Foster a positive relationship between the Board, the Superintendent, and the Tully School Community by:
- Communicating regularly with all BOE members through TAG and at BOE meetings, and communicating via e-mail/text when emergencies arise.
- Communicating regularly with the Tully Community via the Knight Insight, the District website, Facebook, SchoolMessenger, BOE meetings and public forums/hearings.
- Facilitating Board governance of the District through the use of BOE Committees and committee reports during Board of Education meetings.
- Develop a common understanding of roles and responsibilities for Board Members and the Superintendent of Schools.
- Ensure that all Tully students have access to an aligned and rigorous academic program, focused upon student growth, by:
- Using benchmarking assessments, such as AIMSweb and Fountas & Pinnell, to monitor students’ academic growth in grades K-8.
- Using grade distribution data to identify areas of program strength and improvement 7- 12, and to promote a consistent approach to the construction of marking period grades.
- Refining K-8 curriculum maps to ensure they contain common elements, are aligned with current learning standards, and are focused on depth, rather than breadth of learning.
- Participating in the OCM BOCES Leadership Network to align Tully ELA, math, science, and social studies curricula with current NYS learning standards.
- Ensure all Tully students have opportunities to engage in learning beyond the classroom by:
- Working to more closely align curricular offerings and co-curricular opportunities.
- Exploring ways to more effectively collaborate with the Tully Free Library and the Town of Tully Recreation Program.
- Maintaining current athletic mergers/combinations.
- Utilizing ESSER funds to provide additional after school and summer enrichment opportunities for students.
- Ensure a safe and healthy school culture for all Tully students by:
- Continued implementation of the Positivity Project at the ES and the JSHS.
- Developing and utilizing the District Wellness committee to explore a Districtwide Wellness Day for faculty and staff, and development of a Tully Central School District Wellness Website.
- Pre-K – 12 implementation of TCIS.
- Developing an understanding of the current NYSED Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Initiative.
- Identifying students and families in need of additional social-emotional supports, as we emerge from the pandemic and as students return from remote learning.
- Cultivate a professional learning community amongst the faculty and staff by:
- Utilizing Frontline web-based software to promote a more transparent APPR process, focused upon immediate feedback and reflection, for teachers, teaching assistants, administrators, and other professionally certified staff.
- Establishing Superintendent’s Conference Day Agendas 6-12 months in advance of scheduled days, and utilizing participant survey responses to improve professional development offerings and to fine-tune the agendas.
- Utilizing the expertise of our part-time Technology Integration Specialist.
- Updating our Professional Development Plan for implementation beginning in September of 2022.
- Ensure that District resources are managed effectively and facilities are maintained appropriately to meet the needs of the Tully Community by:
- Implementing the NYS Comptroller's data safety and security recommendations.
- Establishing a Phase 2 construction schedule for our 2022 Capital Project, putting Phase 2 out to bid, and beginning construction.
- Reviewing our purchasing process to ensure proper oversight and to increase efficiency.
- Establish clearly-defined annual goals and expectations for the Bus Dispatcher, the Assistant Director of Facilities, and the Technology Coordinator.
- Reviewing our hiring process to ensure that we hire the best possible candidates.